Save Money With Nespresso Refillable Coffee Filter Capsules
If you have one of those handy Nespresso machines, you already know how great coffee from those little pods is. The only downside is the cost. The Nespresso pods are a bit pricey, but you really love coffee made in your coffee machine. Well, you don’t have to sacrifice anything for a good cup of morning coffee if you use the Nespresso refillable coffee filter capsules.
What Are Refillable Coffee Filter Capsules?
Only the greatest invention since sliced bread…just kidding. Nespresso refillable coffee filter capsules are reusable coffee filter capsules made of durable high-quality stainless steel that fit right inside your Nespresso machine just like the commercial coffee pods you buy at the grocery store. They are economical because they can be washed and used over and over again, saving you a bundle of money on coffee pods.
The reusable filters capsules are easy to use, but there are a couple of things to remember when using them:
- Make sure to use a coarse grind – finely ground coffee like a French roast may clog the filter making it hard to clean.
- To clean, simply tap the bottom to remove the grounds and rinse the filter capsule under running water.
When filling the filter capsule, measure in the coffee and then tamp it down with the back of a spoon or small scoop to pack it tight. The Nespresso Refillable Capsule Reusable Coffee Filter comes with a stainless steel tamper and two capsules for easy use.
How to Make a Cup of Coffee Using Refillable Coffee Filters:
- Fill the capsule with the desired amount of ground coffee. Start with a full spoon of coffee and then tamp down until it feels firm. After that, you will have enough space left for another half a spoon of coffee. Pour it in the capsule and tamp the coffee down again. The tamping can be done with a tamper or the back of a spoon.
- After filling the capsule, remove any coffee grinds that are on the capsule edges and put the lid on. The lid should close all the way without having to push it down.
- Place the capsule into the Nespresso coffee machine and set the desired amount of coffee to make (cup size) and click “start.”
- Brew a delicious cup of steaming coffee just the way you like it.
- After the coffee is done, place the capsule on a saucer to cool. When the grounds have cooled, discard the grounds and clean the capsule so it is ready for the next cup.
When it comes to coffee, remember you need a fine grind – not extra fine. Water needs to be able to pass through the capsule or else the final results won’t be very strong. To get a great cup of coffee every time, use good quality 100% Arabica beans and put them through the grinder 2 times and tamp them down just until the capsule is full with a little room at the top.